In this month’s issue of Marketing Magazine, regular marketing columnist Julian Cole has announced his Top 50 Australian Marketing Pioneers Blogs and Sticky Advertising’s very own bloggers Media Hunter and The Marketer claimed the number 18 and 22 spots, respectively.
According to Julian Cole: ”With Sticky Advertising having the minds of Media Hunter (Craig Wilson) and The Marketer (Gordon Whitehead) it would not be surprised if it was top dog in social media by 2010.”
Julian Cole and the team at Marketing Magazine saw a need for a filtering of the insightful marketing blogs from the total time wasters. While many marketers realise the power of blogs, they often don’t read them, simply because they don’t know where to find them.
“Blog’s excel at breaking news stories related to their industry, generating new marketing strategies or showcasing advice on marketing challenges. Believe it or not, blogs are now influencing the rest of your learning sources too.” says Julian.
The Top 50 Australian Marketing Pioneers Blogs is a ranking of the top media and marketing blogs in Australia, as developed by digital strategist and blogger, Julian Cole. Released quarterly in Marketing Magazine, the rankings are constructed using six different comparative scores out of 10.
- Google Page Ranking (ranking from Google)
- Technorati authority ( the number of unique blogs pointing to their blog)
- Pioneer ranking (subjective score by Julian Cole, depending on how pioneering the content of the blog is)
- Technorati blogs reactions (the number of times the blog is mentioned by others)
- Alexa traffic rankings (ranking in terms of website), and
- Bloglines (the number of subscriptions)