Modern marketing is confusing, right?
There are so many potential marketing channels and so many experts telling you that what they specialise in is the answer.
Facebook ads, Google ads, Bing ads, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, display ads, content marketing, email marketing, SEO, Podcasts, blogging…..the list is endless.
And so most businesses tend to dip their toe in the water with a few (or even many) of these but never really get amazing results. They spend a lot of time and money but very few sales come in.
So they continue to just do what they’ve always done and hope for some incremental growth each year.
It doesn’t need to be this way.
It is possible to develop a dynamic, yet simple marketing plan that will deliver extremely impressive growth. But it requires discipline.
You see, most businesses are too generalist in their offering. Their target market is broad (because they don’t want to miss out on opportunities) and their range of services is wide (because they don’t want to miss a potential sale).
As a result their marketing is unfocused and results are average.
Disciplined marketers are different. They know exactly who they want as their customer. They know exactly what they want to sell them. They know exactly how they want to conduct the sales process and they know exactly how they are going to reach them.
The end result is dynamic growth.
Here is a simple framework I have been using to achieve rapid growth or clients. It’s focused, efficient and much more effective than anything I’ve seen in 20 years of marketing.
1. Identify one very clear target market who is really well suited to your business. The narrower and more defined the better.
2. Create or select one “hero product” for this target market. It might not be your biggest ticket item but it could be the most logical first transaction or engagement that gets them started doing business with you.
3. Settle on one conversion strategy for people to purchase your hero product. It might be via a face-to-face meeting, a 30 minute strategy session, a webinar, or something else. It should have the promise of providing more value and the eventual solution.
4. Commit to one paid traffic source to generate leads faster. Adwords, Facebook Ads, Display advertising are examples.
5. Commit to one organic traffic source for longer term lead generation. SEO, blogging, video content are examples.
6. Create a great list or database of people in your target market. Reach out to them. Educate them. Remind them how you can help. But don’t always be selling.
7. Commit to consistently working this plan for one year.
Enquiries, sales and business growth will follow.
Ready to accelerate your business growth?? Check out our Accelerated Growth Plan and let’s talk