Long-tail keywords are important in search strategies because they can help increase a website’s visibility for less competitive, more specific phrases.
Google like context, authority and relevancy. By addressing long tail keywords you can position your website to have the answers people are looking for and that Google prefers to serve up in search results.
What are long-tail keywords?
Long-tail keywords are phrases or sentences that are longer and more specific than shorter, more common keywords. They are typically three or more words in length and are used to target niche audiences or specific products or services. They are often less competitive and can drive more targeted traffic to a website.
Head term: dog
Body term: guard dog
Long-tail: best breed of guard dog for families with children
Here are some reasons why long-tail keywords are important in search strategies:
- Increased visibility: Long-tail keywords can help increase a website’s visibility for less competitive, more specific phrases. This can lead to more targeted traffic and increase the chances of converting potential clients into paying clients.
- Better targeting: Long-tail keywords are generally more specific and targeted, which means they can help attract more qualified leads. By targeting long-tail keywords, businesses can increase their chances of reaching potential customers who are further down the buying funnel and closer to making a purchase.
- Cost-effective: Long-tail keywords are generally less expensive to target than short-tail keywords. They have less competition and therefore can be less expensive to bid on in paid search campaigns.
- Voice search optimization: Long-tail keywords are essential for voice search optimization as they are more natural language, and people tend to use long phrases to make voice search queries.
- Long-term results: Long-tail keywords can help generate long-term results as they are more specific and targeted. They tend to have a lower search volume but can still drive valuable traffic to a website.
- Branding: Long-tail keywords can help establish a brand and its products or services in a specific niche, which can be beneficial for branding and visibility.
By targeting long-tail keywords, businesses can increase their chances of reaching potential customers who are further down the buying funnel and closer to making a purchase, and it can be cost-effective and beneficial for voice search optimisation, long-term results, and branding. Long-tail is an important component of the successful SEO strategies we develop for our clients. It helps set them up as an authority and rank well for most relevant topics around their offering.