– Craig Wilson
Relevancy is a huge factor in successful SEO these days.
Relevant content is important in search because it helps ensure that users are finding the information they are looking for. When a search engine’s algorithm matches the content on a website to a user’s query, it is more likely to consider that website relevant and therefore rank it higher in search results.
Some of the reasons why relevant content is important in search include:
- Relevance to the user’s query: When the content on a website is relevant to a user’s query, they are more likely to find what they are looking for and stay on the website longer. This can lead to a better user experience and a higher search ranking.
- Quality of information: When the content on a website is high-quality and informative, it is more likely to be considered relevant by search engines. This can help improve the website’s search ranking.
- Improved user engagement: Relevant content can help improve user engagement by providing them with the information they are looking for. This can lead to longer session times, more page views, and more shares on social media, which can help improve search ranking.
- Better click-through rate: Relevant content can also help improve click-through rate (CTR) by making it more likely that users will click on a website in search results. A higher CTR can help improve search ranking.
- Better conversion rates: Relevant content can also help improve conversion rates by providing users with the information they need to make a decision. This can lead to more sales and leads, which can help improve the website’s search ranking.
- Better indexing: Search engines crawlers can better understand your website and its content, when the content is relevant to the topic, it’s more likely to be indexed and appears in search results.
Overall, relevant content is important in search because it can help improve the user experience, user engagement, click-through rate, and conversion rates. This can lead to a higher search ranking and a better return on investment for the website.
If you agree that search is still crucial for your business, then focusing on the creating highly relevant content for your website should be a priority.